Agave is a very simple application for the GNOME desktop that allows you to generate a variety of colorschemes from a single starting color. It is free software licensed under the open-source GPL License.
- Generate 6 different types of color schemes: Complements, Split Complements, Triads, Tetrads, Analogous, and Monochromatic
- Select a color that’s displayed anywhere on the screen (“dropper” tool)
- Easily change the lightness or saturation of a colorscheme with a toolbar button
- Copy the hexstring (e.g. “#336699”) of a color to the clipboard for use in CSS and HTML files
- Save your favorite colors to a ‘Favorites’ list for easy reference and export your favorites as a Gimp Palette file
- Navigate back and forward through history of previously selected colors
- Choose colors from a palette of pre-defined “web-safe” colors (more palettes to come soon)
- Drag and Drop between Agave and the Gimp, as well as many other programs
- Generate a random colorscheme if you’re stuck and need some inspiration.